Friday, August 23, 2013

Recap: Fashion Fete NYC 2013

Pinterest
Pinterest
  
Dress: Mandee
Jewelry: Forever 21



On Monday August 19th I attended Fashion Fete NYC 2013 at M1-5 Lounge, 52 Walker Street, NYCNow what is Fashion Fete? Here's a little excerpt from their website:

"Fashion Fete is one of the most anticipated largest fashion and networking parties to hit the East Coast! In its 3 year tenure, it has quickly becoming the hottest summer events to grace the City that never sleeps. This year, the event is slated for August 19.


Fashion Fete NYC is the ultimate event for young urban professionals (21-45 years old) to mix, mingle, network and enjoy a mature atmosphere set to the backdrop of fashion at a swanky downtown venue where they encounter products and services that fulfill a life need or want.
The event is attended by some of the tri-state area's top influencers and socialites, fashion and music industry execs, financiers, editors, models, photographers, make-up artists, hair stylists, designer/stylists, entrepreneurs, etc.

If you're IN the fashion industry, this is the event for you.
If you're a business owner and would like to increase exposure for your business, this is the event for you. If you're simply a socialite and love to have a great time, this is the event for you."


It is coordinated by Tiffani Knowles(Executive Producer and Managing Editor of Newd Magazine), Wardell Duncan(Executive Producer and Pres/CEO of The Vision 3 Group and the founder of ZionSociety.Com), and Alicia Ramsay(Executive Assistant). I attended as a press blogger representing Moruka Designs and Fash Plus & had a great experience. Alicia was super attentive. I spotted her almost immediately upon entering M1-5 and she ushered me over to the Press/VIP area where she showed me around and gave me a rundown of the set up & press blogger duties. Additionally, she ushered interviewees over to the VIP section for interviews, making sure that needs were met. (Oh and she's Guyanese too. A+ Lady!!)


There were vendors,event sponsors, and giveaway sponsors which included Full 5 Media Group, B-Design Drafting Services, Smooth Contours, The Lewis Butu Collection, Cuff Em, 127 East makeup, Moruka Designs, Ministry New York and others, Designers included Rebirth by Kerry Donald, Yhanique Lopes, Khalil's Hatitude, B. Nathaniel BeSpoke, Timeless Elegance, B. Pretty Inc. and RoyalT Wear featuring Team Africa and The Lewis Butu CollectionI was able to interview 4 participants as well as take photos. I really enjoyed interviewing everyone and hearing their stories. They each impacted me in very different ways. 


All of the designs were wonderful but my favourite was Rebirth by Kerry Donald, I loved her neon dress and was so happy that I was able to interview her. Dennis Arnold of The Lewis Butu Collection was also a really awesome guy. I enjoyed interviewing him about his jewelry.


Me and Kerry Donald of Rebirth

I was accompanied by my home girl Latoya Ramos of Ministry New York & fellow press blogger for Fashion Fete. I loved her outfit. Thank you Divine for being our personal photographer!



Pinterest


Now unto the threads...














Wobble wobble

Testing my lighting. My camera doesn't do too well in low light situations but that ain't gonna stop me. -_-


I will be doing four separate posts for each interviewee so they all get the shine they deserve. So stay tuned for the first one next week. Check out some more from Fashion Fete NYC 2013 here & here.


3 comments:

  1. Look at how stinkin' GORGEOUS you look! So cute! Looks like you had a great time! Looking forward to your interviews! I'm following your blog now! I thought I always was... *scratches head* ahh well! Looking forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kirsten! Glad you're following. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome Kori! I will be making my way to other events and I'm aiming to be at Fashion Fete 2014.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a comment. It would make my day. Subscribe to comments so we can continue our conversation.