Friday, September 23, 2011

Restaurant Review: The Barrel - Sunday Brunch

DISCLAIMER: I AM IN NO WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM AFFILIATED WITH THE BARREL RESTAURANT.

I was out for brunch with a good friend, who was introducing me to The Barrel Restaurant in the East Village NYC.  The ambience is chic, classy, and casual, and it’s one of those places to me which looks pricey but actually isn’t. There is indoor and outdoor seating but that day was a little chilly so we opted for indoor seating. The inside looks like the inside of a barrel, and it’s not very big but not too small either.

On to the food.
You get eggs, a wine beverage like red sangria or a Bellini, a pot of tea, a green salad, a fruit salad, and hash browns with sweet peppers. I loved the presentation, and the fruits and veggies were fresh and tasty.


Looks good huh? It was. Every last bit of it. YUMMMMM. We had just come from watching a movie and were very hungry. I only had an apple for breakfast.



FYI: hair was a fresh washed, blown out, shrunken braid out gone terribly wrong.


I was NOT playing when I said I was hungry.

So to conclude, the food was delicious and the service was great. I was full but not stuffed and I felt good that the meal was healthy. It was a great balance with the fruits and veggies included. All for the great price of $11.95 plus tax and tip. I will definitely be returning. : ) 

Have you been here? I'd love to hear about the restaurants you love so I could to try some out.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a comment. It would make my day. Subscribe to comments so we can continue our conversation.