Friday, September 30, 2011

Product review: Olay Pro X Advanced Cleansing System

PIC

This review is long overdue. I must say that I was extra excited to see the ad for this product in a Fela playbill. At the time I was looking for an electric face brush that didn't cost a lot but would do a good job at cleansing my combination blackhead prone skin. I really had my heart set on the Clairsonic but couldn't justify paying $225, although I'm sure it's worth it to the people who bought it. I had previously owned an electric face brush. I actually still have it; the machine works but the brushes are broken, I can't find replacements, and it's very noisy. It's by a company called Jerdon. I paid $25 and I've had it four years and counting. Finding this Olay brush was a life saver because I almost gave into buying the Clairsonic. Upon seeing the ad I stalked Walgreens, Riteaid, and similar stores online and in person. I had to buy online from Walmart for about $33 including shipping.

Here are the specs:
Cleanses skin 6x better* and helps maximize the immediate hydrating effectiveness of your anti-aging moisturizer.
Leading dermatologists and Olay skin scientists have partnered to establish the Olay Professional Alliance. Through this partnership, Pro-X was created to bring you prescribed regimens to treat your specific skin care concerns.
Professionally Designed With The Following Features :
2-speed, rotating system delivers daily deep cleansing and gentle exfoliation.
Water resistant for use in the shower.
Replaceable soft bristle brush head (included). Refills available.
Pro-X Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser (sample included) recommended for daily exfoliation.
Cleansing brush can also be used with a broad range of Olay cleansers for daily deep cleansing.
2 AA batteries also included.
                                                                             {source}
Results:
I loved it. It has only one brush, the bristles are very soft, it's very quiet, small, and thoroughly cleansing. I use whatever cleansers I have on hand as I'm trying to use up everything I have. I advise you not to use any kind of AHA cleanser with this system as your skin may become very sensitive due to the exfoliating properties of both the cleanser and the brush; just from my personal experience. I mostly use cetaphil to cleanse and so far I've noticed a reduction of whiteheads as opposed to manual cleansing.
It may not be the same quality as the Clairsonic or maybe it is. I don't know as I've never owned one but compared to what I've had before I'd say it's a tie in cleansing effectiveness. For a Beauty on a budget this is a good buy in my opinion due to cleansing ability, affordability and easy accessibility to replacement brushes. If it broke today I'd buy it again.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a comment. It would make my day. Subscribe to comments so we can continue our conversation.