Monday, October 10, 2011

Product Review: Grape Seed Oil

PIC

I've recently started looking for alternative moisturizing products because I feel like the commercial stuff isn't cutting it anymore for my oily/combination/who knows? skin. It's always been in the back of my mind but I was inspired by Moptopmaven to try more natural alternatives. She's covered oil cleansing which opened up possibilities of me exploring that and finding a non-commercial moisturizer. After much research I came up with jojoba and grape seed oils for moisturizing as I didn't have the guts to try oil cleansing.

I tried jojoba and while it was light it was still too heavy for my skin and clogged my pores. I later tried grape seed oil and have been using it for a few months. I can say that I really like it so far. It feels very light and silky, and absorbed very quickly, way faster than the jojoba. I also don't have an oily look to my face. I only used two drops so based on this a $4 bottle of this oil should last a mighty long time if it's only used for face. I use this regularly(about 6 months) and it doesn't clog my pores as my face feels great right now (hope this keeps up), I'd like to reap the benefits of the essential fatty acids.

What oils do you use for moisturizing? Are there any other natural alternatives to commercial products that you use besides moisturizing products? Please share.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a comment. It would make my day. Subscribe to comments so we can continue our conversation.