Monday, May 18, 2015

DAY PARTY STYLE



A couple weeks ago I attended the Fashion 500 Award Party hosted by the Block Association. I decided to wear this super cute mauve/purple 70s inspired wrap dress I thrifted a few months ago. I've been waiting for a reason to wear it and this was the perfect event. I don't normally wear mid-length dresses but thought that I should take the plunge and do something different since my normal dress/skirt choice is short and tight or flared. Sometimes I do maxi length but never in between. 




At 5ft 2in I try to avoid awkward length dresses and skirts, and go for shorter to make my legs look longer. #petiteproblems  And well, as if the dress wasn't bright enough I threw in this green Moruka Angie clutch. I feel like I look kinda crayola chic (lol) but the neutral shoes toned things down. I imagine wearing green shoes would have been #teamtoomuch.





 Still not sure about the dress length. 
I may or may not shorten it. What should I do? 
Petite girls what are your style struggles?

What I Wore:
Hair: twist out
Dress: Goodwill thrifted
Shoes: Call It Spring/JCP
Jewelry: borrowed & Forever21









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a comment. It would make my day. Subscribe to comments so we can continue our conversation.