Monday, March 19, 2012

Wig making FAIL

So I've always wanted to try my hand at making a wig. I had two packs of curly hair, needle & thread, and stocking cap and I went to work on what I thought was gonna be an AWESOME wig. I wanted to try something curly so I thought this would be a nice start. I watched a few Youtube videos about wig making and then picked the one I thought was best for me and used that as my guide.

So I:

Put the wig cap on the mannequin head. 
Should've known there would be problems
when I stretched it so low.


Used Equal Weave Synthetic
Temptation 14 inch #2


 Look at this mess
and I still kept going.

 It was actually looking ok here.

 Blehhhh.

And I still kept going
although this started to
feel wrong.


 SMH

 Almost done. Tried it on and realised how much of a hot 
mess I created. And I spent hours on this thing. Because I stretched the cap
so low to the eyes which is narrower than the top of my head,
I couldn't get it on properly. It was too tight.
I still proceeded to finish and when I tried it on it looked like a floppy mop.
I can't find the pics of how it looked but trust and believe it
looked to H.A.M.

This is from when I first
started it.

I will never again try to make another wig. I'd rather just buy one. I ain't goin' through this again. I know the first time you do something isn't always perfect but yea I'm done. May those who have the patience be Blessed.


1 comment:

  1. Hey, at least you tried! I'm sure with practice you will be able to make a fabulous wig!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Leave a comment. It would make my day. Subscribe to comments so we can continue our conversation.